The new trend of making these quick videos have been very addicting lately and I have been bookmarking many recipes to try. Strawberry cream cheese pastry is one such recipe that I had bookmarked from one of the Buzz feed videos and I can’t believe how quick and easy it is to make. Using store bought puff pastry sheets saves time and you can use any berries instead of strawberry.
Strawberry is something I always have in hand and it is very hard to store some to make a dessert. The day strawberry box comes home; we end up just eating the fruit. This week as soon as I bought the strawberries, I saved about 5 of them to make this strawberry cream cheese pastry. It took me 5 minutes to prepare for the dish and apart from the time it takes to thaw the pastry sheets, all it need is the baking time.
The video I referred to had 3 other shapes that we could shape this pastry. I have made a humble effort to shoot how I folded the pastry sheet to make the diamond shape. When I am explaining about how to shape the pastry, it might sound very confusing, but making them in very easy. I would highly recommend seeing the video to help shape the pastries.
My other recipes this Marathon –
Preparation time – 5 minutes plus time to thaw the frozen pastry sheets
Recipe adapted from – Tasty
Ingredients – Makes 9
- Cream cheese – 6 oz (softened)
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Puff pastry sheet – 1 (thawed)
- Strawberry – 5 (sliced in half lengthwise)
- Powdered sugar – to dust on top
- Thaw the pastry sheet as per the instructions on the box. Make sure that the sheet is just thawed enough to work and is not very soggy.
- Pre heat the oven to 400 F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment.
- In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and mix it up well until they are creamy.
- Lay the pastry sheet on the work surface and cut them into 9 squares.
- Fold it over edge to edge, working with one square at a time,so it forms a triangle.
- Having the wide side towards you, make a cut on both the sides to form a V-shape. Do not cut it all the way through and make sure that they are still attached.
- Open the square and rotate it 90 degrees. Take the top flap and fold it over itself towards the bottom. Now take the top flap and fold it over to the top.
- Add a tbsp of cream cheese filling in the middle space and top it with the sliced strawberry.
- Use a spatula and transfer the prepared pastry to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar (optional) and serve the strawberry cream cheese pastry.