I make Salsa in two different ways. If I am making it for a party or in a huge scale, I use the food processor. If it is just for a day or two, I finely chop up all the ingredients and mix them. However we make the salsa, it tastes better when left in the refrigerator overnight. This allows all the flavors to combine. Again depending on one’s taste buds, the peppers could be adjusted.
Tomatoes (Big Boy) from my Garden
INGREDIENTS (To make around 24 oz/ 3 cups of salsa)
- Tomatoes (I use Roma or Big boy from my garden) – 5 big
- Onion – 1 medium
- Jalapeno Pepper – 1 (seeded, if you prefer less spicy)
- Garlic- 1 clove
- Vinegar – 1tbsp
- Lemon juice – from one lemon
- Cilantro (Coriander leaves) – A big handful (about ½ cup)
- Sugar – 1tsp
- Salt – to taste
PROCEDURE (Food processor)
- Add the onions(cut in big chunks), Jalapeno, and garlic to the food processor and run it until the onions are chopped finely.
- Then add the cilantro, lemon juice and vinegar, sugar, salt and pulse it.
- Now add the diced tomatoes and pulse it to the required consistency (Chunky or smooth).
- Salsa is ready. Transfer it to a container and refrigerate it overnight or atleast for couple of hours for all the flavors to combine. Serve with chips or as a side for burritos or enchiladas.
You can make this without a food processor too. Chop all the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes and cilantro finely and combine everything in a big bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients too and mix well. Chill overnight and Enjoy !!!