For the last day of kid’s friendly recipe under the theme of Snacking all the way, I chose to make a fruits smoothie. Options for smoothies are endless, but I have never made a lot of fruit smoothies because my boys are very happy eating the fruit as is. So I really had no need to sneak in the fruits as smoothies to feed them. Now that the weather is getting really hot (even though it is just spring), boys are refusing to have their routine milk in the evening. So I decided to make this smoothie as there after school snack and it went in effortlessly.
I kept the smoothie very simple with no added flavors. I had some vanilla flavored almond milk in the refrigerator and decided to use that instead of milk. When choosing what fruit to use, I remembered that I had cut up an cantaloupe couple of days back, but realized that it was not too sweet. So no one touched the cut up fruit and it was sitting in the refrigerator. Smoothie was a perfect vehicle for the fruit and I sweetened it up with a little honey.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – none
Difficulty level – easy
Ingredients to make Cantaloupe Smoothie – Makes 2 servings
- Cantoloupe – 1 1/2 cups (chopped)
- Vanilla flavored almond milk – 1 cup (can be substituted with regular milk)
- Sugar or honey – to taste
- Ice cubes – few (optional)
Procedure to make Cantaloupe Smoothie –
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend it until smooth and frothy. I did not use any ice, but use some if needed.
- Pour in tall glass and serve!