This is a quick thayir pachadi/raita that is made without any vegetable. I have often eaten this pachadi in the weddings and love it with sambhar rice and rasam rice. Also I like to dip my vadai into this pachadi. All you need is yogurt and basic seasoning ingredients.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 2 minutes
Difficulty level – easy
Ingredients to make Thayir Pachadi – serves 4
- Fresh yogurt / Curd – 1 ½ cup (slightly whisked
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Coconut – 3 tbsp (grated)
- Green chili – 1 or 2
- Ginger – ½ tsp grated
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves – few
- Cilantro – few
Procedure to make –
- Whisk the curd/yogurt and keep it aside.
- Grind the coconut, green chilies and the ginger to a smooth paste and add it to the yogurt. Add salt and mix well.
- Fry the seasoning (mustard seed, asafetida and curry leaves) in oil and add it to the yogurt mixture.
- Mix well and garnish with cilantro. Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve or it might become sour.