White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies made with simple ingredients and tastes
just like the Cookies from Subway restaurant.
The last recipe I have under the theme ‘Making take-outs at home’, is this White Chocolate Macadamia nuts cookie made the Subway style. I have made the Fortune cookies that we look forward to from a Chinese restaurant and our ever favorite Mexican pizza from Taco Bell. Subway is our go to sandwich shop when traveling. Thankfully, my boys love their vegetables and do not mind eating a vegetable loaded sandwich. The mother though, loves the sandwich and also the white chocolate macadamia cookies that they serve at the Subway. Even before I order the sandwich, my eyes are on the cookies.
These are one of those rare cookies that I like with nuts. I like nuts but by themselves. I do not like nuts added as an ingredient in any recipe. One other exception to the nuts is Baklava which is loaded with nuts and I totally love them. All the other recipes, I carefully take the nuts out and eat them. Luckily, my husband is a nuts lover and would eat them in any form. So all my picked nuts goes to him and he does not complain.
The cookies in the Subway though are way sweeter than I like my cookies. That is when I decided to make these cookies with lesser sweetness for the theme. These cookies have the perfect balance of crunch to soft. they are perfectly crunchy on the outside and as you bite through them, they have a soft interior.
It does not take long to make these at all and luckily my local stores carried the macadamia nuts and I had no trouble finding them. The macadamia nuts are a little bit pricey but has a great flavor. This was the first time I tasted the macadamia nuts by itself and loved the flavor. I still have a bit left after making the cookies which is going to be my snack as I go through the next couple of days.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Baking time – 10 to 12 minutes per batch
Difficulty level – easy
The list that my little one made 🙂
Ingredients to make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies – (makes 2 dozens)
- All purpose flour – 1-1/2 cups
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Butter (softened) – 1/2 cup (1 stick)
- Egg – 1 large
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup (packed)
- Granulated sugar – 1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- White chocolate chips – 3/4 cup
- Macadamia nuts (coarsely chopped) – 1/2 cup
Procedure to make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies –
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and the baking soda and keep it ready.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter along with both the sugars. Using a hand mixer, beat it well until well incorporated. You could use a stand mixer as well but the hand mixer worked well for me.
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract and beat it until creamy and smooth (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the bowl and run the mixer through just until the flour has incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chip cookies and the macadamia nuts to the dough and mix to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and layer a baking sheet with parchment.
- Measure a little more than a tablespoon of cookie dough and roll it into a ball.
- Place the dough balls in the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches spaced. The cookies will spread when baking, so space them well.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are pale brown. Remove the pan from the oven and leave it on the pan for 2 more minutes. The cookies will be quite soft when they come out and will firm up a bit in the pan.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool them and enjoy!